*This is a remote job for candidates within the United States only
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature compelling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech. Allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re looking for a talented, deeply experienced Senior Character Artist to join our team.
As a Senior Character Artist you will be establishing character pipelines and pushing the technical abilities of our team. You will be using your skills to create and implement characters as well as push the boundaries for how humans and anatomy can be visualized within Unity.
You will be constantly working with the animation and art team to improve our character pipeline, push our visuals, create high fidelity visual examples of cutting edge anatomy.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Collaborate with the Art and Engineering teams to create stunning characters and anatomical examples within Unity
- Collaborate on projects where character related content is needed
- Set visual target examples for a variety of Unity projects
- Investigate new tools, technology, and opportunities to increase art efficiency within Unity and Maya
- Work with the Animation team to constantly improve our base characters, rigs, and facial blendshapes
- Create high quality anatomical surgical examples to be used in a variety of ways, from projects to R&D
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working with character models
- Experience as a Mid-Level or Senior Character Artist
- Experience with Unity or an equivalent game engine
- Expertise with Maya in basic rigging and skinning techniques
- Understanding of human anatomy and facial expressions
- Deep familiarity with industry art pipelines - understanding common problems and solutions for asset creation and flow in games built on a rapidly-moving tech stack
- Proficient communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable prototyping and researching new art technology and techniques
- Strong Understanding of Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and other character focused tools
Bonus Points For
- Experience with mobile platforms
- Experience working with Unity
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location (or 100% remote for non-Chicago area)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration, please send a resume *including* a link to your 3D portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.