Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, Halo, Call of Duty, Dragonvale, Star Wars, and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re looking for a smart QA Analyst person to join our team.
- Testing for quality programming, art, audio, and online components in games that are both live and in-development
- Writing, refining, updating and monitoring defects in JIRA database
- Filling out test plans, doing smoke testing, and monitoring the health of projects
- Communicating risks and defects to the game development teams
- Working closely with the game development teams to aid in testing strategies
- Assisting production, marketing, and business development with various build-related tasks as needed
- Reviewing features and game design documentation to create test plans and communicate red flags and edge cases to the product teams
- Collaborating within the QA department on initiatives to continue to improve processes at Level Ex
- Managing devices for office and product teams needs related to testing, conferences and internal demonstration
- Minimum of 2+ years work experience as a QA Analyst or Tester
- Shipped titles on mobile or console, having worked over the full development life cycle
- Solid experience using JIRA for defect tracking
- Strong practical knowledge of QA methodologies, software testing standards, and software development
- Ability to multitask between various projects in different stages of development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience testing in a mobile live environment
- Experience testing web applications
- Experience with submissions to Apple’s App Store and the Google Play Store
- Experience in XR
- Experience using the Unity engine and/or with scripting
- Internal game production experience
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.