Industry-leading experts. Revolutionary technology. Transforming lives.
Level Ex uses state-of-the-art video game technology and cognitive neuroscience to accelerate the adoption curve of new techniques and products in medicine. Using the psychology of entertainment - our games drive an order of magnitude more engagement than other digital HCP marketing and training approaches… and we are just scratching the surface of what is possible.
We’re now looking for a Creative Director to join our Marketing team at Level Ex. Tapping into your extensive background in graphic design, brand standards, and art direction, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of designers as you help us build our unique visual identity, manage our artistic assets, and more. This is a new position so you have the unique opportunity to put your experience, expertise and creativity to work in building something new.
- Lead and partner with seasoned design team from concept to implementation, spanning guidelines and strategies across multi-media and creative projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project managers to understand client needs and drive brief creation
- Work with a senior creative team to help guide a cohesive look and voice across all channels
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Collaborate with creatives to generate great content and style
- Shape and provide overall creative direction, look and style for all communications and brand efforts
- Develop and deliver thought leadership and creative solutions that strengthen clients' market distinction and leadership position
- Collaborate with senior creatives to generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Articulate and justify conceptual and design choices
- Continually develop practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking
- Create Style guides and best design practices to be used across all products
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Minimum 8+ years of design experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience managing the creative development process in a client-services environment
- Advanced knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work
- The ability to concept across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices
- Resilient mindset, a cheerful and positive attitude, and respect for others
- An interest in staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design, & development trends
- A willingness to push creative boundaries
- Experience creating designs and collateral for the pharma or medical tech industry
- Experience creating designs and collateral for the video game industry
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees or ability to work out of our awesome downtown Chicago office if you desire
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
More About Us
Our games revolutionize the way medical professionals advance their clinical skills, earn CME, and keep up-to-speed on challenging cases, new drug therapies, medical devices, and clinical best practices. The company’s medical video games run on phones, tablets, and web browsers, and are played by over 750,000 healthcare professionals. Our latest cloud-gaming platform allows multiple users to diagnose or treat a virtual patient collaboratively over video-conferencing platforms like Zoom. Top-20 pharmaceutical and medical device companies J&J, Amgen, Philips, Baxter, and many others), national medical societies, and government organizations such as NASA leverage Level Ex’s acclaimed platform for HCP education and training.
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.