3D Artist - Generalist (Contractor)
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature compelling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech. Allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for a talented, experienced 3D Artist - Generalist (Contractor) to join our team.
As a 3D Artist, you'll be responsible for building 3D assets, working in Unity 3D, and pushing the visual bar of our games and projects. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to establish and grow a new genre in the video game industry.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Creating organic models, environment props, and medical tool assets in 3D
- Updating existing assets in current Level Ex games
- Working daily in Unity 3D
- Working with the Art Department to create production-ready files for use as renders and screenshots
- Working with Dev teams to create prototypes, games and products for a variety of platforms
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 2+ years related experience as a 3D artist with a great portfolio demonstrating your abilities
- Shipped at least 2 games (open to various platforms)
- Advanced experience working in Maya, Unity 3D, ZBrush, and Substance Painter
- Understanding of the principles of basic rigging and lighting
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Interest in learning new art techniques and working from medical references
Bonus Points Award For
- Character Modeling Experience
- Familiarity with human anatomy
How We Make You Happy
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send a resume *including* a link to your 3D portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.