We’re now looking for a Head of Product Management to join our leadership team Level Ex.
At Level Ex, we advance the practice of medicine through play - using the technology and design from the consumer games industry to accelerate the adoption of new skills and techniques in healthcare. Level Ex is the first Medical Games Studio - we make video games for doctors. We are in the business of genre creation - what we are doing has never been achieved before. There is no reference to copy.
What does the ideal product management function look like in a medical games studio? Building games for doctors and solutions for the industry? It’s your job to figure that out.
Tapping into your extensive background in product management you’ll be responsible for determining what the ideal product management function looks like in a medical games studio.
Reporting to the CEO, you'll be responsible for ensuring that Level Ex’s products deliver on the company vision. You will manage a centralized product team of experienced product managers whose experience spans a range of industries: video games, medical device, and health tech.
- Own the company’s product roadmap for 2021 and beyond
- Build and manage a team of experienced game and commercial product managers to create genre-defining games and commercial products
- Define product processes for the company - ensuring that teams have the information and product definition that they need to be effective
- Collaborate equally with Production and Design to define feature sets and design vision
- Set and validate product goals through end user insights, competitive research, and quantitative player data.
- Establish yourself and your team as subject matter experts - understanding market demands, technology trends, and the competitive landscape
Baseline Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in software or video game product management
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of product managers
- Strong philosophy and methodology of product management as a discipline independent of project management
- Experience managing products sold to the enterprise
- Experience working in at least one startup or small company (<150 employees)
- Experience with product iteration using data from live products
- Experience with live software products, and using data collected from those products to drive improvements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
Standout Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in video games product management
- Experience with the life science and/or medical device industries - either working in these industries, or building solutions for them.
- Computer science degree or technical background
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Intellectual curiosity that spans multiple disciplines
- Entrepreneurial mentality - thriving in a blue ocean environment
- Process-oriented, but doesn’t confuse paper-pushing for progress
Benefits and Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.