Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
Level Ex is also investing in building new ways of connecting companies and health care professional using streaming technologies to allow participants to interact with our applications across multiple devices and remote locations - Virtual Technique Guides™
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, Halo, Call of Duty, Dragonvale, Star Wars, and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for a generalist Senior Software Engineer - Remote Streaming to help build and support the growth of our streaming platform.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Helping improve and evolve our WebRTC-based streaming service
- Helping teams integrate our streaming technologies into multiple projects
- Immerse yourself into the technologies that drive the platform (WebRTC, NVEC, cloud platforms)
- Use analytics and data to drive decisions and improve the efficiency and performance of our platform
- Research new technologies in the streaming space and become an expert resource
- Coordinating with Engineering, Design, Art, and Production needs
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience working in a game development studio or professional software development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passion for development, architecture, and system design
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Unity 3D
- Expert level C# experience
- Excellent problem solving, debugging skills, and analytics skills
- One or more commercially released game or mobile applications
- Experience in C++
- Experience with full stack development (backend to front end)
Bonus Points For Experience In
- WebRTC streaming
- ASP.NET / Node.js
- REST / Websockets
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Scalable cloud service
- PC development experience
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.