Level Ex is transforming the way medical professionals hone their skills by practicing high-risk procedures and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile games. Over the last five years Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include top 20 pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
Our mission is to advance the practice of medicine through play. Our vision is a future where video games are broadly accepted in medicine as the best way for medical professionals to hone difficult skills and to intuitively understand complex systems. This isn’t just about building those games - it’s about creating a community around those games. Not just playing them but creating them , discussing them, arguing about them. This community is crucial to the success of our mission - both its growth and activity.
We are now looking for Level Ex’s first Senior Community Manager to establish and grow our physician and healthcare professional community through close interaction with different internal stakeholders, community programs, and our global community. This person will develop a cogent and comprehensive plan to incorporate meaningful health care professional (HCP) feedback into our products and become a critical node of communication between Level Ex and our community of players. This person is highly social, passionate, and experienced in rallying highly-engaged communities online to be able to build and maintain varied community architectures - from small groups of trusted advisors to power users to general users/members.
The right candidate for this role has the following attributes and experience
- A proactive mindset in fostering and building relationships with our players both in person and online at scale.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a vast array of disciplines including marketers, engineers, producers, healthcare professionals, and players.
- Has been instrumental in partnering effectively with marketing teams to drive growth.
- Managerial experience - successfully managing and growing a team.
- Experience with executing and scaling community programs.
- Empathy for players and developers alike, regardless of skill level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep familiarity with the tools in the community-creators toolbox - forums, email lists, social networks, zoom meetings, events.
- Experience working with a product team to integrate features that support growth of the community.
- An avid networker.
- Onboard new community members.
- Manage a team of Physician Liaisons internally and hiring new members to join the team.
- Build out and execute on the community vision together with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive conversation and participation and activity.
- Create a sense of importance, belonging, status- Bolstering leaders within the community.
- Create connections between the company/product and the community.
- Keep the community up to date and excited about the progress of the company and products.
- Network internally to find groundbreaking things to show to the community to build excitement.
- Make sure community members feel valued, and see value in their contribution and return on their participation.
- Make connections to other communities.
- Represent Level Ex and continually engage the community to build a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environment for members from a variety of backgrounds.
- Develop and execute on timelines, deliverables, and reporting for your goals to drive success against team goals.
- Build and execute on strategic plans for growing the community in target regions around the world.
- Attend and speak about the Level Ex community at online events (and in-person events once this is allowed again).
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures.
- Take a data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Regularly report on community growth.
- Develop a cohort of trusted, forward thinking advisors who are an extension of our team - engaged with every aspect of development and communication (game design, art, medical research, etc). Fiercely passionate about improving the state of the art in medicine. Ready to work with the games industry’s top designers and artists.
- Develop a larger cohort of contributors who are sharing their most challenging cases and working with our team of top designers and artists to capture them as game mechanics.
- Foster and develop a cohort of beta testers and power users to try our latest cutting-edge games and content and give us feedback.
- Establish a cohort of players in different specialties who are playing our games - and who are discussing the implications of our content.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Communication, Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in digital/social media and/or community/content management.
- Management experience of 2+ direct reports and hiring new members.
- Display exceptional collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate self-motivation by functioning independently with a high degree of initiative, entrepreneurship and autonomy while achieving both short and long term goals.
- Comfortable with highly technical demos and product information.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Must be both able to roll up sleeves to do the work when needed.
- Be able to prioritize, delegate and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change as the business and role continue to grow and evolve.
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Monthly care package to help while working remotely
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume or LinkedIn profile PDF using the link below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.