Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for a generalist Software Engineer - Tools to join our team.
As a Tools Engineer, you'll be working in tools, automation, and build infrastructure. The candidate we're looking for will be inquisitive and experienced in solving quality of life problems for game development teams around core tech, tools, and build systems. Working here, you’ll have the opportunity to establish and grow a new genre in the video game industry.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Maintaining and improving the build system and cloud infrastructure supporting multiple teams and projects
- Working closely with other Engineers, Designers, Artists, and Production to refine and streamline the development process
- Researching new technologies, maintaining SDK integrations, document workflow, and developing scalable solutions
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working in a game development studio or professional software development environment
- One or more commercially released game or mobile applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passion with experience for tools, automation, and improving the development process
- Experience in Unity 3D and/or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, JSX, REST, web technologies
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Fluency in C#
- Experience AWS, Azure, and GCP platforms
- Proficiency with source control tools, like Perforce
Bonus Points For
- Experience with continuous integration (TeamCity or Jenkins)
- Experience with React, Kotlin, or Python
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.