Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for a generalist Software Engineer - Core Technology to join our team.
As a Core Technology Engineer, you'll be working in our core technologies, tools, automation, and build infrastructure. The candidate we're looking for will be inquisitive and experienced in solving quality of life problems for game development teams around core tech, tools, and build systems. Working here, you’ll have the opportunity to establish and grow a new genre in the video game industry.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Researching and developing new technologies across all our teams
- Improving and extending core pipelines and cloud infrastructure
- Investigating and promoting adoption of third-party SDK integrations
- Working closely with other Engineers, Designers, Artists, and Production to optimize the development process
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working in a game development studio or professional software development environment
- Solid experience in Unity 3D and/or Unreal Engine 4
- Fluency in C#
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passion for core technologies, tools, automation, and improving the development process
- Proficiency with source control tools, like Perforce
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
Bonus Points For
- Experience with continuous integration (TeamCity or Jenkins)
- Experience with React, Kotlin, or Python
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, JSX, REST, web technologies
- One or more commercially released game or mobile applications
- Experience in cloud platforms, like AWS, Azure, or GCP
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.