Location: Chicagoland area, no relocation
Level Ex is transforming the way medical professionals hone their skills by practicing high-risk procedures and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile games. In less than four years, Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include top 20 pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
We are looking for an experienced Director of IT to be part of our Operations team to be a hands-on leader that will work cross-functionally to develop and execute an IT strategy that not only meets current needs of the business, but also positions Level Ex for continued growth. The right candidate will be someone with a proven track record of being a hands-on leader that has aligned a company’s IT strategy with the business needs while also being budget conscious and focusing on the highest quality results.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Working closely with the CTO, CEO and CFO to align on and execute a roadmap
- Managing, mentoring, and growing a team of IT engineers responsible for internal support and maintenance
- Owning, implementing, updating, and evolving our security policy
- Coordinating with our parent company, Brainlab, to align key systems, software, processes, tools and standards
- Developing, managing, tracking an annual budget for IT
- Helping increase the efficiency and productivity of our employees
- Protecting our internal data and managing any clients’ data with multiple levels of confidentiality and privacy
- Gathering input and requirements, driving consensus
- Evaluating hardware, software, technologies and systems
- Managing relationships with vendors, providers and contractors
- Using analytics, metrics and dashboards to monitor key business systems for performance, security and failures
Who We Want To Meet
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (IT-related field is highly preferred)
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant IT experience
- 2+ years of management/leadership experience
- Previous experience in highly-regulated industry preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, networks, systems administration, databases and cloud resources
- *Local Chicagoland candidates only
Bonus Points For
- Previous work experience in completing complex vendor security questionnaires
- Previous experience working at either a video game company or at a medical company, such as med device/pharma
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
How To Apply
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.