Location: Chicagoland area, no relocation
Level Ex is transforming the way medical professionals hone their skills by practicing high-risk procedures and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile games. In less than four years, Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include top 20 pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will lead our Accounting function and manage a Staff Accountant and additional contract-based accounting support. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting principles as applied to a software business. They must possess a high attention to detail, an ability to problem solve in a dynamic environment, communicate effectively, and have a passion for developing talent and building processes that will scale with our expected growth. This is not a role for everyone as it will require a combination of “bean counting” and analysis. If this intrigues you, come execute with us towards our vision.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Iterate to Excellence - Don’t just oversee the accounting processes but continuously iterate the day-to-day accounting functions, including revenue rec, AP, AR, Cap. Software and financial reporting
- Streamline the Close - Don’t just manage, monitor and review the month-end closing process, help us streamline the process using processes and software, to ensure accurate and timely accounting records
- Own the Outcome - Ensure the accuracy, and dimensionality of the GL, balance sheet reconciliations and financial statements. The company depends on us for the insights within these financials, it’s on us to execute
- Institutionalize the Improvements - Develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with accounting principles and company policies
- Make it easy for others to understand how we do what we do
Who We Want To Meet
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, MBA/CPA preferred
- Previous experience with M&A preferred
- Technical Accounting experience required
- Experience implementing and/or managing a modern, cloud-based performance management system (e.g. Planful/Host Analytics, Adaptive Insights, Anaplan)
- Software Revenue Recognition experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Ability to effectively convey knowledge to non-technical internal and external customers. You are the expert who will need to regularly explain things like revenue recognition nuances to non-accounting experts
- Experience implementing and managing a robust, but user-friendly, Expense Policy
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.