Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, Halo, Call of Duty, Dragonvale, Star Wars, and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for a talented, experienced Senior UX Designer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Collect product requirements from multiple departments including game design, marketing, art, medical, and company leadership
- Create wireframes, wireflows/user flows, storyboards and other diagrams in order to demonstrate user scenarios, behaviors and goals
- Create animated/clickable prototypes
- Work collaboratively with
- Game design to ensure our interfaces are in line with with the the vision for our games
- Medical researchers to ensure our content is based on solid medical reference
- Product and production producers to understand project goals, time constraints, evolving priorities, and deadlines
- UI, Engineering and QA to ensure designs are implemented accurately and with the highest standard
- Design, conduct and support qualitative and quantitative research studies that address both interaction patterns and attitudes
- Provide design UX support during presales, development and post-launch
- Comfortable with multitasking and working on more than one project or team at a time
- Presenting UX deliverables to internal and external stakeholders
- Evangelize the importance and impact of UX design and general usability to the company
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional experience creating user interaction content for mobile apps, console games, mobile games and/or or digital/physical product experiences
- 3+ shipped games or mobile apps worked on from inception to completion
- Deep proficiency using UX and prototyping tools
- Figma, Google Workspace (G Suite) required
- Miro, Notion, InVision, Sketch, Axure, Procreate, Adobe Creative Cloud, Proto.io a plus
- Approaches problems with a user-first mentality
- Excellent communication skills and comfort influencing stakeholders in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization
- Demonstrable experience creating, iterating on, and maintaining information architecture within our products
- Diverse portfolio examples of sketches, workflows, interactions, and end state work
- A deep understanding of the foundation and principles of UX, and how they apply to a player's experience
- Ability to iterate on designs until all user needs and product requirements are balanced and satisfied
- Willingness to look holistically at UX and medical research, identify gaps, and work cross-functionally to fill those gaps
- Drive change by communicating research and actionable next steps
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or similar field
- Experience with A/B testing a plus
Bonus Points For
- Experience in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience creating UX experiences for AR and/or VR
- Experience in animation/motion graphics
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Full-time remote until we eventually return to our convenient downtown Loop location
- Cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer (when back in the office)
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks (when back in the office)
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume including a link to your online portfolio for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or Recruiters, please.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.