Level Ex is transforming the way medical professionals hone their skills by practicing high-risk procedures and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile games. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brainlab, Inc., a supplier of software-driven medical technology.
We’re now looking for an experienced, mid-level Corporate Counsel to help support our in-house legal needs. Our new hire will work closely with the legal team at Brainlab to provide support and assistance to Level Ex, Brainlab, and other Brainlab-owned subsidiaries. Our new hire will serve as part of a three-person cross-functional legal team to provide superior legal support across all businesses. This is a newly created position with ample opportunity in a high paced, forward-thinking environment, and will be co-located in Chicago and Westchester, Illinois.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of contracts, which may include non-disclosure agreements, supplier contracts, business partner development and sales agreements, and vendor contracts
- Provide legal advice and support, in alignment with the Company's guiding principles and business objectives, across multiple functions, which may include Product Development, Finance, Sales, Intellectual Property, IT, Marketing and HR matters
- Support and assist in Company risk management, corporate governance, and corporate compliance
- Address data privacy issues, as needed
- Identify and analyze legal issues and risks, present clear recommendations, and ensure legal compliance across the full spectrum of legal issues facing the Company
- Communicate complex legal concepts in simple terms
- J.D. from an accredited law school; must be licensed to practice law in at least one state
Minimum of 4-5 years' relevant experience; in-house experience preferred
- Experience within an enterprise SaaS legal environment required
- Experience with software licensing required
- Experience with legal issues facing medical device manufacturers preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a growing company
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and to work and collaborate in a small team environment
- Strong competency in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts
- Proficiency in communicating with team members in a clear and practical manner
- Interest and aptitude in becoming a corporate generalist
- Ability to serve as a trusted team member across all functions
- *Local Chicagoland candidates only
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop and Westchester, IL. locations
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
How To Apply
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.