Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Level Ex is seeking a Senior 3D Artist to join our team. You'll be responsible for building 3D assets, working in Unity3D, and pushing the visual bar of our games and projects. Working with us, you'll have the opportunity to establish and grow a new genre in the video game industry.
What You'll Do
- Create 3D anatomical models and surgical tools that will be used in interactive surgical procedures
- Collaborate with the medical and game design team to make your work as realistic as possible
- Developing creative artistic solutions while optimizing models for gameplay
- Working with the Art Department to create production-ready files for use as renders and screenshots
- Implement your work in Unity3D as well as explore future alternatives, such as Unreal
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 6+ years related experience as a 3D artist with an excellent portfolio demonstrating your abilities
- Shipped at least 2 games (open to various platforms)
- Excellent organic modeling skills with examples in your portfolio
- Understanding of Anatomy and human forms
- Advanced experience working in Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter
- Comfortable working in Unity3D or other game engines implementing work and using various pipelines
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the principles of basic rigging
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Interest in learning new art techniques and working from medical references
Bonus Points For
- Experience working in Unreal
- Knowledge of Substance Designer
- Texturing XYZ workflows
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with a generous company-paid match
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees
- Family-friendly benefits; Dental, vision, and optional pet insurance, 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home
- Remote after-hours team events, like board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, etc.
- DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
For the fastest consideration please send a resume *including* a link to your 3D portfolio. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you'll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex.
About Level Ex
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.