Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
Level Ex is also investing in building new ways of connecting companies and health care professional using streaming technologies to allow participants to interact with our applications across multiple devices and remote locations - Link: Virtual Technique Guides™
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, Halo, Call of Duty, Dragonvale, Star Wars, and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
- Create and maintain the core architecture of gameplay, rendering, and backend systems
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, artists, and producers to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Research and use different technologies, SDKs, and architectures
- Collaborate closely with our game design, art, production, QA, medical research, and marketing teams on various project requirements, timelines, build reviews, and testing
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code within our existing games
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers through code reviews and leading by example
- Proactively problem-solve stability and performance issues for PC
- Participate in the game design process and optimize those designs for PC
- Minimum of 7+ years of game development experience, with at least two shipped titles
- Solid experience working in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PC development experience
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development, such as character control, physics, graphics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency in algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Fluency in C#
- Proficiency with source control tools (i.e. Perforce)
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, JSX, REST, web technologies
- Experience AWS, Azure, and GCP platforms
- Experience WebRTC streaming
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).