Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead,
and Star Wars
. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019
, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex
We’re looking for a talented, deeply experienced Lead UI Artist to join our team.
As the UI Lead you’ll be leading, mentoring, and growing the UI team, along with raising the visual bar and establishing best practices for our user interface systems. You’ll also be constantly working with the development team to create new features and pipelines to make sure we are working as efficiently and creatively as possible. This is an opportunity to use your artistic and management skills to establish and grow a new genre in the video game industry.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Working closely with our art director, artists, programmers, producers, UX designers, and others to lead UI development across our games
- Leading and growing the UI team by providing guidance, feedback, and establishing best practices
- Collaborating with other departments to assist in driving new features and art pipelines
- Overseeing the creation of product style guides
- Overseeing the UI of live apps
- Creating a variety of 2D art assets from time to time
Who We Want To Meet
- 8+ years of professional experience creating user interfaces in a game development environment (required)
- Shipped at least three games or mobile apps
- Experience working in AAA games
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills, both verbal and written, along with leadership skills
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology, software, and workflows
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Deep portfolio demonstrating an excellent design foundation, iconography, typography, composition, and layout skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience with visual effects or illustration
- Experience generating UX designs in Axure RP
- Experience working in Unity 3D
- Experience working in Atlassian’s Jira
- Experience using Atlassian’s Confluence for documenting and communicating goals
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Relocation assistance (in the future)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Full-time remote until we return to our convenient downtown Loop location
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume *including* a link to your online portfolio and best UI work (you can password protect if needed). We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.