Level Ex is transforming the way medical professionals hone their skills by practicing high-risk procedures and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile games. In the last five years Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include top 20 pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
We're now looking for an experienced Data Engineer who, working across multiple teams, will build and refine a centralized data warehouse that is efficient, flexible, and scalable in a pioneering domain that combines mobile games data with healthcare provider data. We need a self-starter that will marshall the company’s data and surface it to business users and data scientists, and that will develop data pipelines and APIs to fuel data applications and business intelligence.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Work across multiple teams to develop and maintain data pipelines from different data sources -- telemetry, sales, product cost, marketing, finance, etc -- to fuel data applications, APIs and business intelligence tools.
- Architect, build and refine a cloud-native data warehouse that is scalable, efficient, and flexible, as new products, games, and features are introduced.
- Implement best-practices with metadata files and data models. Documenting pipeline details, changes to telemetry, and other important information.
- Load and structure new data sources and integrate them with reporting and operational tools.
- Develop automated testing to discover and correct data quality, structure and integrity issues.
- Evaluate and implement tools that will increase access to data and increase the number of questions that can be self-served by business partners.
- Lead large projects on a data & analytics roadmap.
- Deploying and supporting predictive models to optimize marketing or operations.
- Defining telemetry details to add or change existing event data. Identifying data and structure needed in order to analyze mobile games with different design patterns.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the data engineering discipline and best practices.
- Writing and monitoring JIRA/development tickets.
Who We Want to Meet
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience working as a data engineer, analytics engineer, or data architect.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in building data pipelines using cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experience with a programming language like Python, Scala or Java.
- Experience with cloud data warehouse tools like Snowflake.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of one or more business intelligence of tools like Tableau, Looker, Sisense, etc.
- Experience with data orchestration tools like Prefect or Airflow
- Experience with version control tools like Github or Perforce.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team at a growing start-up.
Bonus Points For
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with AWS Services
- Experience with DBT
- Experience in data engineering for mobile game analytics and/or on medical analytics.
- Experience in architecting data structures for business intelligence.
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
- Flexible schedule and remote work policy
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.