Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Level Ex is transforming the way medical professionals hone their skills by practicing high-risk procedures and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile games. In the last five years Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include top 20 pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
We're now looking for another experienced Data Engineer who, working across multiple teams, will build and refine a centralized data warehouse that is efficient, flexible, and scalable in a pioneering domain that combines mobile games data with healthcare provider data. We need a self-starter that will marshall the company’s data and surface it to business users and data scientists, and that will develop data pipelines and APIs to fuel data applications and business intelligence.
Why You Should Join Us
- This job will be fun. This is a great opportunity for a data engineer to lead the implementation of important projects with autonomy and with the best, cutting-edge, cloud tooling.
- We use the best tools, and will continue to seek the best tools. Our Stack: AWS cloud data stack, with DBT, Snowflake, Prefect and Github. Currently using tableau for business intelligence.
- You'll be working on important and challenging projects. Some projects: re-architecting our events management system to increase flexibility and reduce latency; Building out our data warehouse for self-serve analytics and extending to new product classes; Integrating new data sources like Hubspot and JIRA into the data warehouse; Building a data monitoring service that identifies outliers and notifies business users of an anomaly event.
- The team is good. We have a positive, collaborative, open-minded team culture that is focused on learning, helping each other and finding long-term solutions to global problems rather than short term fixes.
- We're set up for a positive work-life. We're an agile data & analytics team that uses 2 weeks sprint cycles and 6 month product roadmaps to make a large impact with a great work life balance.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Work across multiple teams to develop and maintain data pipelines from different data sources -- telemetry, sales, product cost, marketing, finance, etc -- to fuel data applications, APIs and business intelligence tools.
- Architect, build and refine a cloud-native data warehouse that is scalable, efficient, and flexible, as new products, games, and features are introduced.
- Implement best-practices with metadata files and data models. Documenting pipeline details, changes to telemetry, and other important information.
- Load and structure new data sources and integrate them with reporting and operational tools.
- Develop automated testing to discover and correct data quality, structure and integrity issues.
- Evaluate and implement tools that will increase access to data and increase the number of questions that can be self-served by business partners.
- Lead large projects on a data & analytics roadmap.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the data engineering discipline and best practices.
- Writing and monitoring JIRA/development tickets.
Who We Want to Meet
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in building data pipelines using cloud technologies (like AWS, GCP, etc.), preferably using Python.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience focusing on data engineering projects.
- Minimum of 2+ years of proficient SQL.
- Experience with Serverless cloud deployment.
- Experience with a programming language like Python, Scala or Java, preferably Python.
- Experience with cloud data warehouse tools like Snowflake.
- Excellent understanding of data modeling techniques.
- Experience with data orchestration tools like Prefect or Airflow.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team at a growing start-up.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools like dbt.
- Experience with AWS Services.
- Experience with Snowflake and, specifically Snowpipe.
- Experience with Prefect.
- Working knowledge of one or more business intelligence of tools like Tableau, Looker, Sisense, etc.
- Experience in data engineering for mobile game analytics and/or on medical analytics.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees
- Family-friendly benefits; Dental, vision, and optional pet insurance, 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, and more!
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home- or choose a snack pack instead
- Remote-friendly events ie. board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.