Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
As a software engineer on the Observability team, you will be responsible for building and operating the foundational pieces of our cloud footprint. You will tackle reliability and scalability challenges in Logging, Metrics, and Alerting systems. You will help us provide best-in-class experience for our customers in the cloud and in our data centers. If you are excited about joining a team of talented engineers working on cutting-edge problems, join us! Some of the challenges the team deals with are:
- Design and implement data pipelines that transport billions of operational metrics from applications and infrastructure into time series databases like Wavefront, M3
- Build high performance client libraries for structured and multiline logging clients in a variety of languages. (Java, Python, Go, C++)
- Design and implement a highly available and scalable metrics aggregation pipeline
- Contribute to application use-cases such as Cloud Cost Attribution for CPU-, GPU-, memory-intensive workloads on Kubernetes
- Contribute to open source projects such as FluentBit, Telegraf, Veneur
- Work closely with cloud and observability third party vendors
- Create resilient and scalable distributed systems that enable rapid iteration across all of Level 5
- Own large projects from an idea to execution, to adoption
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Ensure operational excellence of our cloud footprint by providing observability into system health and execution & by building tools and dashboards to monitor and improve efficiency
- Provide an amazing developer experience while balancing organizational needs, timelines and costs
- Be a force multiplier by sharing knowledge and advocating for best practices across the entire Autonomous organization
- Excellent Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals. It usually comes with Bachelors or higher degree in CS, or 3+ years of experience in top-performing teams (ideally both)
- Programming experience in one or more of Java, Python, Go, and C++ (Rust, C is a plus)
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform) and observability (e.g. Stackdriver, Wavefront, Grafana) stacks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to uplift others and work effectively with a diverse group of talented engineers
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.