Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of engineers and researchers
- Design and prototype new deep learning solutions
- Identify bottlenecks in existing algorithms and systems
- Develop case studies and experimentally validate hypotheses
- Collaborate with AV engineering teams in productionizing systems
- Advance the state-of-the-art, publish and represent Level 5 at top-tier conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics or similar
- Experience publishing at state-of-the-art conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Programming experience in implementing prototypes of new cutting-edge solutions using Python, C++ or Matlab
- Expert knowledge in deep learning / reinforcement learning / computer vision
- Nice to have: Experience working on self-driving problems (Perception, Prediction, Mapping, Localisation, Planning, Simulation)
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.