Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
- Work on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Work closely with computer vision and machine learning engineers to process data from Level 5’s autonomous vehicles
- Develop cutting-edge machine learning classifiers, models and algorithms operating on visual data
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience writing testable, modular code in one of Python / C++ / Go
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Experience building quick prototypes and following data-driven iteration to bring them to production
- Experience solving problems with Machine Learning using Deep Learning tools such as Tensorflow or PyTorch (not necessarily in Computer Vision or Self-Driving space)
- Experience building machine learning pipelines processing large datasets
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.