Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
We are looking for a leader in the Machine Learning space with a track record of having built and led teams to solve hard business problems using modern ML techniques.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and solve complex engineering problems
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between long term exploration with building sustainable, high-impact projects that can ship in a shorter time horizon
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with the Level 5 recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Collaborate cross functionally to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals
- 2+ years of people management experience, building teams and managing engineers
- Experience shipping products based on unsupervised machine learning
- Strong technical background with the ability to contribute to planning and design discussions
- Ability to motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- Experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.