Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
- Work cross-functionally with product, technical program management, software, mechanical, and electrical engineering to integrate and verify sub-systems for autonomous vehicles
- Define and track systems requirements
- Define and execute systems verification and validation testing
- Define system and sub-system level test architectures
- Generate test plans and manage verification events
- Generate test reports that support removal of gate blockers for autonomous data collection
- Lead cross-functional technical readiness reviews
- Support the functional safety processes
- 4+ years of professional work experience, preferably working around complex system development
- Master’s degree in one of the following fields: mechanical, electrical, computer engineering, or related disciplines
- Demonstrated experience performing engineering analysis & trade studies of entire system covering electronics, mechanical components, controls, and safety
- Demonstrated experience defining and executing verification and validation testing for complex systems
- Strong experience in one of the following fields: sensors (camera, radar, lidar), controls, geo-localization (GPS & IMU), or computer architecture
- Experience in the design and development of automotive or related electrical and electronic systems and/or components (including sensor and remote sensing technologies) or computer architectures or hardware/software for safety critical applications
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to C-level executives
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Experience developing complex systems combining remote sensing technology, Artificial Intelligence, and Controls for a safety critical application
- Experience in requirement derivation, tracking and verification tests processes (V diagram) in automotive applications
- Understanding of typical vehicle communication protocols/interfaces
- Experience in systems integration, vehicle testing, functional safety, and vehicle launch
- Software coding skills (matlab, python or C/C++)
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.