Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
As a cloud infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for building and operating the foundational pieces and frameworks of our cloud footprint. You will focus on tools and frameworks for deployments, provisioning, scheduling, observability, security, and routing across our large scale computing environment.
We are made up of systems and software engineers who provide foundational cloud and deployment platforms including Kubernetes, AWS, Spinnaker, Vault, and Envoy. We manage our multi-region AWS footprint and build the tools and services that Level 5 relies on every day to build the autonomous future.
Every day we compile millions of lines of code, drive thousands of miles in simulation, process hundreds of terabytes of data, and scale up or down thousands of compute instances. All of these rely on the foundation that we build and operate for the whole autonomous vehicle program. If you are excited to help drive this mission, we should talk!
- Create resilient and scalable infrastructure that enables rapid iteration across all of Level 5
- Manage and expand our multi-region, interconnected Kubernetes cloud infrastructure through Infrastructure as Code (we use Terraform)
- Build and maintain Kubernetes operators and controllers to provide friendly abstractions and capabilities for our client teams to use
- Expand and manage Spinnaker deployments across a mix of Kubernetes, EC2 and on-prem delivery targets
- Identify infrastructure performance bottlenecks and determine the best solution to continue to scale our compute clusters to continually process more jobs and more data at a faster pace
- Ensure operational excellence of our cloud footprint by providing observability into system health and execution and by building tools and dashboards to monitor and improve efficiency
- Be a force multiplier by sharing infrastructure knowledge and advocating for best practices across the entire Autonomous organization
- Support the Autonomous organization in their cloud needs by providing an amazing developer experience while balancing organizational needs, timelines, and costs
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals with 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience designing resilient architectures with public cloud offerings (AWS is a must)
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform), and observability stacks (e.g. Google Cloud Logging, Wavefront)
- Programming experience in one or more of Golang, Java, Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to uplift others and work effectively with a diverse group of talented engineers
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.