Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, and information that everyone can enjoy and trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and the opportunity for near-term product impact and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. We’ve built a diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers, and each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, and explores the AV industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5’s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And we’re moving fast — in Level 5’s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, and are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
As an infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for building and operating the foundational pieces and frameworks of our ML platform. You will bring deep technical software expertise and the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a larger company with the potential for broad business impact. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building new system components to advocating to other engineers for best practices. You are an excellent software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, and customer focus. This is a chance to get in on the early stage of a new effort and help shape the technology, product and impact.
Every day we compile millions of lines of code, drive thousands of miles in simulation, process hundreds of Terabytes of data and scale up or down thousands of ML compute instances. All of these rely on the foundation that we build and operate for the whole autonomous vehicle program. If you are excited to help drive this mission, we should talk!
- Design and implement reliable, scalable, and performant distributed systems and pipelines
- Design and operate ML platform processing single node/distributed node training
- Provide observability into the systems health and execution flow, build tools and dashboards for monitoring and scaling ML training
- Be a force multiplier by sharing ML infrastructure knowledge and advocating for best practices across the entire Autonomous organization
- 2+ year's overall development experience in Data/ML systems
- Proficiency in system design and software development, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Python, C++)
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team of talented engineers
- Experience building REST or gRPC services
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.