At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- On the inside, we have a network of teams that build infrastructure for charging the payment cards, integrations with our banking partners to send transfers to our users across the globe. Collectively, this group powers all payments products at Level, and we're looking for engineering leaders to lead the payments team
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code. Be a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the quality bar for Level as a whole
- Advise Level's leadership team on important technical considerations related to the future of payments infrastructure
- Develop platforms and services that are configurable and scalable. You will partner with many functions at Level, with the opportunity to both work on infrastructure/platform systems, and produce direct user-facing growth
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams at Level
Who You Are:
- You have a technical background
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from your organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have an understanding about what is lasting, scalable, and maintainable
- You've worked with teams that shipped and operated important infrastructure
- You enjoy learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work — in this role, you'll learn a ton about global money movement rails, currency conversion, inter-company flows, finance and accounting, and many more topics
- You work well with teams and can think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You value a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Understanding and practice of working with confidential information
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Food, wellness, and office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payment
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: