At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and mentor the data science, data analytics, and data engineering teams.
- Guide the long-term data strategy by collaborating with cross-divisional senior leadership to shape data access, security, governance, and compliance.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making through training and mentorship within your team and across the company.
- Maintain a world-class data stack that empowers data consumers with reliable, accessible, compliant insights.
- Architect scalable data systems to support data science, data analytics, engineering, and partnering stakeholders.
- Develop teamwork and balance the strengths of individuals, while allocating responsibilities and priorities, measuring performance and setting targets.
- Collaborate with internal product, marketing, network and operations teams to use insights to measure product performance.
- Develop metrics and frameworks to inform the scope, prioritization, and resourcing of projects.
- Experience building inspired data teams
- 5+ years implementing data practices, developing KPIs, and managing data-driven decision-making across a portfolio of products on an organization–wide level.
- Reputation of empowering whole organizations to use data by making data as easy-to-use, flexible, and as self-serve as possible.
- Experience architecting modern, scalable data pipelines that can be used for different products and stakeholders.
- Experience integrating analytics into mature products.
- Deep technical understanding of relevant topics including statistics, ML, search, and experience processing large datasets in production.
- An approach to work that empowers the people around you, using the team's expertise and enabling them to grow as members of our team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, with a bias for action.
- Bonus: Prior experience working with healthcare and insurance data, and experience leading a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these; many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Languages and libraries - Python, Go, Protobuf, gRPC
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Relational Database Service (RDS), S3, Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Sagemaker
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) - BigQuery
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Food, wellness, and office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payment
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: