Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
About Level Support
Level Support is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our team, capabilities, and responsibilities are rapidly growing. Accordingly, we’re looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial people who bring valuable experience — whether that’s in customer success, employee benefits, or health insurance — and are excited to use that experience to provide world-class support. Providing stellar support is our main task, and we also take the lead on other exciting operations projects that help Level grow. You might become the point person for support tooling, managing the support knowledge base, or facilitating the rollout of a new product.
What You'll Do:
- On the Frontlines - As one of the outward-facing voices of Level, you’ll address and resolve member and provider inquiries to help our stakeholders find, manage, and pay for care.
- Operations Analysis - Using Google Sheets, SQL, and other tools, you'll spend around 30% of your time researching and analyzing the health and performance of Level's support operations. You'll identify trends, perform root cause analysis, and collaborate with management to turn your insights into recommendations and make a real-world impact. You'll work closely with the support lead and cross-functionally with other business departments, such as product and data science.
- Communication - You’ll communicate with members and providers through phone, email, and chat. Additionally, you’ll work and collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify issues and advocate for Level members and providers.
- Constant Improvement - You’ll continuously develop and refine processes and resources to keep our support top-notch. You’ll address issues with intellect, grit, and empathy. And beyond the support team, you’ll tackle projects with members of other Level teams as we roll out new plans and products.
Who You Are:
- Quick Learner - You have a history of quickly learning and applying new information. You enjoy reading, studying, understanding, and writing about topics you’ve never before considered.
- Clear Communicator - You excel at explaining processes and products. You have deep experience engaging with customers, and experience making sales and pitching new ideas is a plus. Clean, precise verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Privacy - Experience working confidential information and/or patient data.
- Takes Initiative - You’re a self-starter who thrives in an unstructured environment. Taking ownership over new projects comes naturally to you, and you’re not afraid to challenge the established way of doing things in order to create better outcomes.
- Data-driven - You're comfortable with data, curious about business, and ready to roll up your sleeves to become the go-to support analytics expert.
- Problem Solving - You love to dig into details and discover solutions to complex problems. You’re a great multitasker, and you know how to manage your own time and see projects through to the end.
- Flexible - You’re comfortable in a rapidly changing environment, and you’re accustomed to jumping in where you’re needed.
- Work Experience - You have a bachelor’s degree and deep experience in health insurance, employee benefits, or a related field. Once you join the Level team, you're ready to hit the ground running.
- Available - You’re happy to work whenever our support services are offered. Currently, our support team covers rotating eight-hour shifts between the hours of 9:00am - 9:00pm Eastern Time.
- Support Experience - You have 2+ years of support or customer-facing experience.
- Data Experience - You are comfortable with SQL, Google Sheets, and other analytics tools, and have experience both exploring and working with large datasets.
- Sales Experience - You have experience selling products, features, or processes to internal teams and external customers.
What We Offer:
- Have the chance work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: