Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round Capital, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Level’s infrastructure engineering strategy and execution
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering, to lead our Infrastructure and Cloud Operations teams focused on ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of our high-volume platform.
- Lead our DevOps strategic initiatives. Being a critical thinker who can drive execution and handle many tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead infrastructure vision and strategy, be able to translate them into execution plans, maintaining consistency with larger organizational goals
- Mentor engineers and engineering leads on their technical skills, strategy, collaboration and leadership so they can actualize their career goals
- Collaborate with other stakeholders like security, sales and customer success in the company for the organization's product direction and execution
- Implement systems and processes that drive efficiency and quality
- Grow the organization and scale the team efficiently
- Facilitate strong engineering culture with retrospectives, postmortems, lunch and learns, and consistent coding standards
Who You Are:
- Passion for customers, technology and great products
- Track record of leading infrastructure or SRE teams at a company with strong engineering driven culture with a strong emphasis on reliability and security
- Expertise in system architecture with an emphasis on designing secure, highly available, fault tolerant systems
- Positive attitude, open-minded, great listener, with an inclusive style that encourages all viewpoints
- Demonstrated success in being a proactive change agent, with a vision to transform internal systems and operations as needed to fully support our business
- Confident and effective communicator able to work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with all members of the organization to define and achieve holistic business and technical objectives
- Cloud operations leader with AWS experience and exposure to Azure or Google Cloud
- Proven track record of an automation first approach to solve problems at scale
- Security-first mindset with ability to rapidly learn and adapt to the ever changing security landscape
- Outcome driven functional leader capable of establishing, and meeting, key performance indicators and service level agreements for continually improving the performance of our cloud operations
- Enjoy helping other engineers develop their engineering and leadership skills
- Experience with at least one programming language, configuration management systems (Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, Puppet, Chef), container management systems (Kubernetes, Mesos), and major cloud infrastructure ecosystems (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- A passion for working in high performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
- Demonstrated success building culture of innovation, ownership, and accountability
- Strategic thinker with a strong knowledge of industry best practices and a passion for learning in order to drive the creation and execution of roadmaps outlining the technology strategy and the investments in infrastructure that will enable the company’s strategic plans
- Extensive experience delivering large scale cloud-native product operations and leadership; you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work as a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: