Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- Build, optimize, and scale money-moving systems across all of our products and users
- Drive strategic deals and integrations with partners across the payments ecosystem, including banks, credit card networks, and processors
- Reconcile payments data between systems, banks, and processors
- Develop a data-driven roadmap for new financial products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, data science, finance, and operations
- Help us rethink how businesses and people pay for and use their employee benefits
- Identify and scope product challenges that are ripe for data science solutions—like risk modeling, data-informed insurance plan design, dentist search optimizations
- Work cross-functionally to inform data collection, productionize data science work, and integrate machine learning into the product
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of payments, finance, or consulting experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in relevant roles such as data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- Expertise with payments infrastructure (ACH) and reconciliation (AR/AP)
- Experience working with and building API integrations with large partners
- Strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Clear and effective communication style
- An ownership mentality, eager to grow in an early-stage company
- Prior experience in risk modeling, forecasting, or working with time series data
- Prior experience working with dirty or high-dimensional, categorical data
- Experience with SQL, proficiency in one scripting language like R or Python working in a collaborative development environment, and willingness to pick up new programming languages.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Bonus: Prior experience working with healthcare and insurance data, and experience leading a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Protobuf / gRPC
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: