Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
About the Role:
Level is looking for a staff-level Technical Program Manager to lead company wide products and technology initiatives. This TPM will lead a wide range of results-oriented programs that ensure the best-in-class delivery of Level's applications and services! This role at Level has a deep impact across a wide variety of business and technology decisions. The ideal candidate is a passionate and pragmatic technologist who is able to influence the designs of scalable systems. They have a strong product sense. They are not only collaborative role models but also approachable leaders with vision. We are looking for someone with a passion for building and scaling highly-available, high-demand systems that support millions of users every day.
It is a highly leveraged role that aims to improve the quality and velocity of work across cross-functional teams by acting as a “force multiplier”. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks, discussing the technical trade-offs with engineers, and maintaining clear communications across multiple stakeholder groups across the organization. To make work repeatable by creating and improving processes where applicable. In short, getting things done by bringing clarity out of chaos, diving into the details, and communicating clearly and in a timely manner. Good at building relationships, motivating others with vision, and persuading with data.
What You'll Do:
- Develop program scope and objectives, collaborate with all relevant stakeholders, ensure technical feasibility and drive projects end-to-end
- Aligning on staffing, priorities and technical dependencies within engineering and cross-functional teams like operations, and customer success both in terms of quarterly planning, and managing ongoing risk escalation/ mitigation which could impact the success of the programs
- Manage engineering process for large programs aligning design backlog w/ project plan, scheduling reviews and pre-reviews, engaging the right stakeholders across teams, and managing meeting quality and efficiency
- Manage effective communications to leadership and across teams on key decision, status, and risks to ensure accountability and timeline management
- Continuously improve and scale the organization. Improve processes where needed, while being cognizant of not slowing down engineering teams
- Understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity
- Drive engineering wide technical initiatives as we evolve our technical stack to scale to the future
- Provide visibility into key performance indicators so leaders are aware of risks and opportunities
Who You Are:
- Experience developing processes where few exist, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Exhibit knowledge of Jira or other equivalent task management tooling
- BA/BS degree, 7+ years experience in software development industry
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work as a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: