Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
- Lead, inspire, and challenge a talented team of Product, Content, and Brand designers across a diverse product landscape
- Collaborate with other leaders as a vocal and principled design advocate, helping define long-term vision for products and the strategies to accomplish them
- Mentor and support both individual contributors and people managers in their technical, strategic, collaborative, and leadership skills
- Develop competency and behavioral frameworks for designers to excel and advance their careers
- Cultivate an environment that makes research and experimentation core to creative development
- Evolve design collaboration and critiques and introduce new ways for the team to learn and grow
- Foster a culture of empathy, safety, and belonging where all voices are heard
- Develop design principles and design language that can be leveraged by the larger organization
- Attract and recruit the best designers in the industry, growing a diverse team that can scale and thrive
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience
- 6+ years in leadership roles including managing managers
- Vocal and principled representative for the Design team within Leadership
- Deep experience and success in leading, managing, and developing a diverse team of designers to do their best work within a complex environment (doing this within an early-stage company is a bonus)
- Provide clear and precise feedback that is thoughtful and actionable, both on high level work as well as pixel specific projects
- Nurture a work environment allowing everyone to bring their whole selves to work
- Empathetic, collaborative, no-ego approach to leadership
- Extensive knowledge and experience strategizing, prioritizing, and aligning multiple roadmaps to a larger organizational mission
- Experience building innovative products in the fin-tech space
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing both their own and their team's work (preferably in a complex financial product), as well as leadership accomplishments and company achievements
- Experience working with confidential and highly sensitive information
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: