Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
We’re growing, and the new Head of People, reporting directly to our CEO, is critical to enabling this growth. This person will be responsible for all elements of human resources including business partner support, recruiting, learning and development, total rewards, HR systems and operations, and compliance. You will be a partner to the CEO and the leadership team in developing the company’s strategy and overseeing our operations in a fast growing technology company.
As both a strategic and operational role, you will be in a critical position to develop business and people strategies to advance Level's mission, principles and growth, helping to create the company's culture, and own the full lifecycle of our people.
This position is a great opportunity to develop a world class people organization in a rising technology company, influence all aspects of our workforce, promote diversity and inclusion efforts, and build out a team of equally passionate human resources and talent professionals.
Your responsibility will include but is not limited to:
- Think strategically and outside of the box to create programs that help the company gain a competitive advantage while also fostering the professional development of our people
- Participate in strategic planning by partnering with the leadership team to ensure HR initiatives are aligned with business objectives
- Advising, as a true confidante to the CEO and executive peers, on topics such as organizational design, critical hiring, workforce planning, employee engagement, performance coaching, talent assessment, change management, org communications, etc.
- Provide support to the leadership team on priority business initiatives and special projects
- Help Level mobilize their values to build a positive company culture that will allow employees to thrive
- Oversee the further development of our DEI initiatives, ensuring that the company is educated, engaged and actively building a culture of inclusion & belonging
- Work with senior leadership to determine, develop and execute on a plan for returning to the workplace
- Launch a Performance Management and feedback program that rewards excellence and promotes continuous learning through 360 feedback
- Improve upon and advise on the current job leveling and compensation initiative ensuring alignment with performance management strategy
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and trusted advisor to our People Operations and Recruiting teams to help them achieve their highest potential performance and growth
- Implement a recruiting strategy and process that creates a world class candidate experience and helps elevate Level's status as a highly sought after place to work
- Develop and coach our current and prospective people managers on effective management and feedback practices
- Improving processes and systems to ensure every aspect of the employee lifecycle is optimized
- Developing an employee communications strategy, forum and cadence to ensure alignment with the vision, mission and evolving culture to ensure employees feel a strong sense of connection
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree or 10 years of equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of HRBP, People Operations, Compensation, Employee Benefits and Recruiting, with experience managing teams
- Possess functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including organizational design, planning, diversity and inclusion, employee experience, talent and performance management, compensation, and employee relations
- Proven track record of success in implementing programs that attract and retain a high performing, diverse and engaged workforce
- High level of business acumen and proven effectiveness as an advisor working directly with executives to provide alignment of human capital initiatives with organizational strategy
- You embody and uphold our values and ensure that they influence all key decisions and initiatives
- No-ego leader that believes in the “owner-operator” model; will do day-to-day tactics to pitch in
- You are experienced in data analytics and are comfortable using results from that data to influence important decisions
- You are passionate about DEI efforts and stay abreast of new information and challenges people face in the workforce. You are always learning and thoughtful about what DEI strategies will make the most impact
- You are well-versed on federal and state employment laws and HR compliance in order to ensure the business is set up for success. Plus if you have worked with remote employees across multiple states
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a high degree of personal credibility at all levels of the organization
- Experience with HR and Recruiting systems (Gusto and Greenhouse a plus)
- Practice discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Believes ideas come from everywhere and bring out the best in others
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: