Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
About the role
- Design and build robust data pipelines to efficiently ingest data from multiple sources and intelligently deal with the complexities of real-world data
- Manage large datasets with multiple business constraints and online/offline use-cases
- Refine Level's data model to cleanly represent the complex insurance ecosystem
- Drive the strategy and build best-in-class data platform to measure and increase member and provider engagement
- Make it easier to acquire data from a variety of channels
- Make it easier to consume market centric data sets to gain actionable insights
- Develop teamwork and balance the strengths of individuals, allocating responsibilities and priorities as appropriate, measuring performance and setting targets
- Collaborate effectively with internal product, marketing, network and operation teams to leverage insights to measure product performance
- Establish a scalable delivery and support models to accelerate the go-to-market for the new products and services
- Provide clarity in prioritization of projects and communicate effectively
- Provide leadership to develop commercially viable architecture roadmaps, solutions & business-IT landscape aligned to the business strategy
- Contribute towards overall data strategy by collaborating with cross-divisional senior leadership on driving cross divisional synergies.
- Education in Computer Science or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in software industry
- 5+ years of management experience in data, search, or experimentation platforms
- Experience in implementing scalable delivery models
- Experience in a large matrix-style organization where your team collaborates and integrates with other teams across the organization
- Experience within a fast-paced B2B environment
- Comfortable architecting solutions with modern cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
- Proven track record in driving commercial outcomes through data and analytics capabilities.
- Familiar with multiple database technologies (e.g., MySQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis) and deep experience in database design and organization.
- Familiar with event-driven architectures and systems (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Familiar with workflow managers (e.g. Airflow, Luigi)
- Willingness to ask questions and learn about complex problem domains in order to craft solutions that best serve the needs of enterprise customers.
- Experience working on data-intensive problems and tackling common data challenges (cleaning, entity resolution, reconciliation, etc.)
- Experience working with confidential and highly sensitive information
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work as a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: