Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- The risk, plans, and claims teams build the infrastructure that processes all of Level's claims, detects and mitigates fraud, and enables self-service pricing of a variety of insurance products. These systems, along with payments, enable Level to provide a world class experience to employees, employers, and providers. We’re looking for an engineering leader to manage and guide the engineers on these teams
- Directly contribute to core interface design of these systems, ensuring that they efficiently meet the business needs of a complex insurance ecosystem. Serve as a role model for software design and systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the quality bar for Level as a whole
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams at Level
- Contribute to defining strategic direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success
Who You Are:
- Education in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years of software engineering work experience
- 5+ years of management experience in data, risk, or complex systems platforms
- Experience with server-side development (Go, Java, Python)
- Experience in implementing scalable delivery models
- Experience with data and machine learning technologies
- Experience working with highly sensitive information
- Proven track record in driving commercial outcomes through data capabilities.
- A passion for working in high-performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their benefits
- Experience within a fast-paced B2B environment
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: