Starting with dental and vision, Level creates a new category in Fintech to rebuild insurance making employer-sponsored benefits more affordable, flexible, and easy to use. We are a payments and insurance company committed to building financial products which make it easy for people to use their benefits dollars. Level creates more benefit coverage for people through straight-forward plans, flexible networks, and fast payments. Instead of monetizing unused benefits dollars, like traditional insurance, Level is incentivized to help members use their benefits. Businesses also save significantly with Level through self-funded benefits.
Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We are looking for teammates who are naturally curious. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. Our creative, thoughtful, inventive team is building sophisticated payments and insurance products from our learning while we helped build other great companies like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber.
About the role
As our Operations Lead, Platform, you will report to our CEO and manage a diverse set of teams ranging from customer support, claims operations, implementations, business operations, and other areas as needed. Level's customers include employers, members, and providers, each engaging with our business in a variety of different ways. This role will understand all these constituents and manage the teams and processes to serve them.
What You'll Do:
- Create magic for Level’s customers by building and owning major workstreams to improve user experiences and Level’s business functions
- Lead analysis and manage projects to create streamlined and scalable processes
- Work with marketing and design to create content for the support and account management teams
- Drive business strategy and collect insights to drive better business decisions
- Develop strategic deals and integrations with industry partners
- Collaborate with teams including engineering, data science, and finance to improve products and features
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience, management experience required
- Operations, consulting, and tech experience is a major plus
- Self-starter and passionate about working on big, complex problems
- Experience using analytical tools to help solve problems and make decisions
- Experience working with highly sensitive confidential information
- Clear and effective communication style
- An ownership mentality, eager to grow in an early-stage company
What We Offer:
- Have the chance work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: