Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- On the inside, we have a network of teams that build infrastructure for charging the payment cards, integrations with our banking partners to send transfers to our users across the globe. Collectively, this group powers all payments products at Level, and we’re looking for engineering leaders to lead the payments team.
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code. Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the quality bar for Level as a whole
- Advise Level’s leadership team on key technical considerations related to the future of payments infrastructure.
- Design and build platforms and services that are configurable and scalable. You will partner with many functions at Level, with the opportunity to both work on infrastructure/platform systems, as well as produce direct user-facing business impact.
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams at Level
Who You Are:
- You have a strong technical background, including 4+ years of experience with software engineering and systems design at a top tier software company
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from your organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what is lasting, scalable, and maintainable.
- You’ve worked with teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure.
- You enjoy learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work — in this role, you’ll learn a ton about global money movement rails, currency conversion, inter-company flows, finance and accounting, and many more topics.
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You have experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
What We Offer:
- Have the chance work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: