Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
About Business Development
Level's business development team leads and supports our company's product and growth roadmap. Strategic partnerships are critical for the company’s continued success, and this is an exciting opportunity to develop and execute strategies that expand access to our innovative dental, vision, and other benefits products. Additionally, the business development team collaborates with Level's internal operations and product teams: developing, negotiating, and implementing partnerships with external payments, legal, software, and healthcare businesses. The business development team reports directly to the business development lead, and you'll work cross-functionally with our operations, sales, account management, and engineering teams, both shaping and building a critical component of the business.
What You'll Do:
- You will lead development and execution of a strategy to expand access to Level's product offerings through distribution and other strategic alliances. Within a year, you’ll build and lead our operational teams to scale channel revenue (sales, onboarding, customer success)
- You will proactively identify, cultivate, and manage external relationships that materially benefits Level's business, while evangelizing our brand throughout the HR and benefits ecosystems
- You will help develop and iterate Level's process for approaching, cultivating, and closing partnership opportunities
- You will coordinate Level's follow-ups, responses, internal understanding, and approach to business development opportunities You will delegate among internal stakeholders across engineering, operations, sales, marketing, finance, legal, and other departments
- You will maintain, report on, and expand existing relationships after they are closed, identifying issues for the Level team to improve, and seeking opportunities to package and upsell Level product offerings
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of business development experience, ideally including channel partnerships
- Eager and skilled at expert collaboration with colleagues and third parties
- Thoughtful about the strategy and metrics you set, but also able to hustle and execute on those plans
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable developing and maintaining partner and prospective partner relationships
- Significant experience negotiating contracts with current and prospective channel partners (10+ deals), which includes connecting with internal parties to determine requirements and coordinating both internal and external stakeholders on implementation and execution
- Experience working with confidential and highly sensitive information
- Experience working in the healthcare or insurance space
- Experience and established relationships within the HR and HR tech space
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work as a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: