Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role:
- On the inside, we have a network of teams that build infrastructure for charging the payment cards, integrations with our banking partners to send transfers to our users across the globe. Collectively, this group powers all payments products at Level, and we’re looking for engineering leaders to lead the payments team.
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code. Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the quality bar for Level as a whole
- Advise Level’s leadership team on key technical considerations related to the future of payments infrastructure.
- Design and build platforms and services that are configurable and scalable. You will partner with many functions at Level, with the opportunity to both work on infrastructure/platform systems, as well as produce direct user-facing business impact.
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams at Level
- You have a strong technical background, including 7+ years of experience with software engineering and systems design at a top tier software company
- You have served as the technical lead for a team
- You have owned the technical roadmap for critical business areas
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from your organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what is lasting, scalable, and maintainable.
- You’ve managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure.
- You enjoy learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work — in this role, you’ll learn a ton about global money movement rails, currency conversion, intercompany flows, finance and accounting, and many more topics.
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging.
- You have experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.