Starting with dental and vision, Level creates a new category in Fintech to rebuild insurance making employer-sponsored benefits more affordable, flexible, and easy to use. We are a payments and insurance company committed to building financial products which make it easy for people to use their benefits dollars. Level creates more benefit coverage for people through straight-forward plans, flexible networks, and fast payments. Instead of monetizing unused benefits dollars, like traditional insurance, Level is incentivized to help members use their benefits. Businesses also save significantly with Level through self-funded benefits.
Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We are looking for teammates who are naturally curious. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. Our creative, thoughtful, inventive team is building sophisticated payments and insurance products from our learning while we helped build other great companies like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber.
What You'll Do:
- We're looking for Technical Program Manager to drive security engineering efforts across our organization. We're looking for a hands-on leader who is deeply versed in the details of attacking and defending systems. You will hire a team of world-class security engineers, define our security strategy, and execute on that strategy to protect our unique information assets.
- Define Level’s security roadmap
- Get hands-on with implementation, design, and execution
- Work directly with our research teams to protect our core assets
- Lead compliance audits for our internal security policies
- Build and evangelize security policies and best practices
- Be responsible for hiring a world-class security team
Who you are:
- 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you are discerning about product/infrastructure architecture and obsessed with quality, reliability & correctness.
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- You can drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale efforts across multiple teams and functions, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale platforms, infrastructure and organizations.
- Experience leading initiatives with a global footprint having built APIs, products, and complex systems/infrastructure at scale.
What We Offer:
- Have the chance work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: