Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and execute a wide range of People Operations processes throughout the employee lifecycle, including new hire onboarding, benefits, payroll, visa sponsorship, caregiver leave, and offboarding
- Serve as main point of contact for employee questions regarding HR policies and procedures
- Own HRIS administration and other people-focused systems, and maintain up-to-date records of employee data
- Refine leveling and compensation bands for each role at the company
- Evaluate performance management systems and employee survey tools and processes
- Champion an inclusive, robust Level culture with DEI programs, organized events, and other team-building initiatives
- Start to build out L&D programs, trainings, and career ladders
- Contribute to special projects that drive company communication and cohesion, such as our weekly All Hands and internal wiki
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Finance, Recruiting, and Legal
- Support the leadership team on ad hoc priority business projects
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience in a People Operations or HR role, management experience a plus
- Skilled in HR compliance with knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws
- Experience with HRIS systems and discreetly handling sensitive/confidential employee information (Gusto is a plus but not required)
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with highly sensitive information
What We Offer:
- Have the chance work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: