Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- Lead the People Operations and Recruiting teams and provide guidance in both areas
- Possess functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including organizational design, planning, diversity and inclusion, employee experience, talent and performance management, compensation, and employee relations.
- Oversee the recruiting, HR and payroll functions, including candidate experience, onboarding, offboarding, compensation, benefits, and leave.
- Lead, develop, and manage recruiting team hiring across tech, product, and business roles.
- Establish the performance review process as well as manage the leveling process for the entire company.
- Help build Level culture, with a focus on development and retention programs.
- Communicate company-wide initiatives to all employees and be a coach to people managers.
- Provide support to the leadership team on priority business initiatives and special projects.
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of People Operations and Recruiting, with experience managing teams
- Experience with HR and recruiting systems (eg. Gusto, Greenhouse)
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Amazing communicator, both spoken and in writing
- Discretion with handling sensitive and confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs