Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
About Network Development
Level's network - of dentist, optometrists, and other businesses - provides Level members with better benefits and perks, and 'in-network' discounts help benefits dollars go further. The strength of our network is critical to the company's success, and this is an exciting opportunity to hire, develop, and lead a high-volume inside sales function to expand brand awareness and secure partnerships. Ultimately, a strong network greases the Level flywheel - facilitating sales, making employees happier, and improving customer retention. Consequently, the team's progress will have extremely high visibility, you'll work cross-functionally with department leads.
What You'll Do:
- You will hire, train, manage, and develop a team of telesales representatives whose goal is to expand Level's network and awareness among providers, starting with dental. You will act as an advisor/coach to the team while maintaining a positive and motivational work environment, and nurture your team's unique culture
- You will work very closely with leadership to build and execute on a strategic growth plan. As such, you will be responsible for tracking and improving both your team's performance and a related metrics portfolio - things like contact throughput, conversion rate, etc. You will report these metrics to company leadership
- You will lead weekly team meetings to review sales and pipeline status, you will discuss and pilot sales strategies, and you will lead sales and product training sessions
- You will work cross-functionally with the product, sales, operations, finance, and other teams on network-related initiatives. You will also work with other Level teams - such as marketing, support, and onboarding - to improve overall network contracting efficiency
- You will collaborate closely with the tooling team to build out processes, systems, and infrastructure that will empower your team to run efficiently
- You'll report directly to the network development lead
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience with sales leadership, and you have demonstrated experience (and the references to back it up!) managing a high-volume telesales team. Startup and SMB SaaS experience a plus
- You've seen what a great team looks like, and you've had your fingerprints developing a well-oiled telesales function from the ground up, across tooling, process, strategy, and people
- You are thoughtful about the strategy and metrics you set, but also able to hustle and execute on those plans
- You are extremely organized, a strong multi-tasker, and able to work efficiently in ambiguous scenarios. You are also comfortable working autonomously in a fast-moving environment
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Experience at a high growth startup, selling services to other businesses
- Proficiency utilizing a CRM to manage selling activity, preferably Salesforce.com
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work as a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: