Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute a multi-faceted comms strategy that support all parts of our business—building awareness among employers, brokers, members, and providers
- Help drive recruiting by amplifying Level as great place to work and boost our brand as an employer
- Coordinate and execute announcements and product launches from beginning to end to drive the largest impact
- Collaborate with our CEO to amplify his voice and develop thought-leadership
- Keep a pulse on our space and industry news, and identify great opportunities for inserting ourselves in the conversation
- Identify opportunities for data-driven reports or co-written stories with third-parties
- Build and manage comms with internal and investor stakeholders—from supporting board of directors decks to leveraging our investor network
- Handle proactive and reactive press engagement, and help prepare our CEO and spokespeople at Level for media interviews
- Own company news section of blog and social
Who You Are:
- Natural storyteller: You know how to navigate an organization to find great stories—from our actuarial team to engineering team—to evangelize what makes Level's approach so special
- Ability to weave complex narratives: Our business includes multiple audiences—members, employers, brokers, and providers—and you know how to develop a comms strategy and impactful positioning to drive desired outcomes for each
- Work collaboratively: As a flat organization, you'll partner with many teams internally to drive consistency and leverage their unique knowledge
- Excellent writing skills and editorial: You can write and edit to keep a high written standard and keep to Level's tone and voice
- Data-minded: You know how to tell stories through data, stats, and numbers
- Impact-oriented: Help develop a framework for prioritizing what opportunities will have the biggest opportunities and payoffs for Level. Connect the dots for the rest of the team
Experiences that are a plus
- Creative and passionate about creating a leading consumer brand that delivers incredible experiences for all of our members and users
- 10+ years of marketing experience, with 3+ years in marketing leadership positions with a proven record of building messaging
- Fintech or employer benefits experience is a plus
- Can leverage an existing network of press contacts in our space
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: