Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
About the role
As our Treasury Lead, you will manage the treasury function at Level, including monitoring our cash, investments, and reserves, as well as our relationships with all our banking and credit partners. At Level's core is money movement between our customers, their employees, and outside providers of services. This role will not just be a standard treasury role but will be heavily involved in working with our product and engineering teams to launch various payments and benefits products.
What You'll Do:
- Have an understanding of all the money movement at Level across a number of different product lines and entities
- Manage and nurture relationships with banking and credit partners, and monitor usage and fees
- Assist product and engineering teams with the implementation of new payment and benefits products across employers, employees, and providers
- Partner with the finance and payments team on identifying financial risk and setting up processes to monitor, measure, and reduce risk
- Assist in operationalizing the billing, collections, and reporting process across our products
- Manage our cash balances, investments, and investment policies with third party advisors
- Set treasury policies and ensure regulatory compliance with all state reserve limits and any debt covenants
- Collaborate with engineering, data science, product, and finance to improve product flows and features
- Assist in corporate insurance renewals and other ad hoc projects as necessary
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience in treasury or related functions
- Past experience at a financial or fintech company preferred
- Strong analytical and excel/sheets skills
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and SQL
- Experience with payment networks or card processing a plus
- Self-starter and passionate about working on big, complex problems
- Collaborate well across technical and business teams
- Comfortable with negotiation and business development
- An ownership mentality, eager to grow in an early-stage company
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully paid parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: