Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- Lead our engineering efforts for a large critical area that is critical to the success of the company like consumer experience, or payments platform.
- Works with teams to define their team’s vision, strategy and goals by clarifying and maintaining consistency with larger organizational goals.
- Mentor engineers and engineering leads on their technical skills, strategy, collaboration and leadership so they can actualize their career goals
- Collaborate with other stakeholders like product, sales and customer success in the company for the organization's product direction and execution
- Implement systems and processes that drive efficiency and quality
- Plan for growth of their organization and scale the team efficiently.
- Facilitate strong engineering culture with retrospectives, postmortems, lunch and learns, and consistent coding standards
- 10+ years hands on technical experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Track record of leading product teams at a company with strong engineering driven culture with a strong emphasis on user experience.
- Built products for multiple audiences using shared foundations while being scrappy.
- Have great product and design intuition.
- Scaled and grown effective well managed teams.
- Worked with product and business stakeholders on large initiatives.
- Enjoy helping other engineers develop their engineering and leadership skills.
- Experience with at least one programming language (Go, Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience working with private and sensitive information.
- A passion for working in high performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
- Demonstrated success building culture of innovation, ownership, and accountability
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.