Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- Lead our engineering efforts for a large critical area that is critical to the success of the company like consumer experience, or payments platform
- Works with teams to define their team’s vision, strategy and goals by clarifying and maintaining consistency with larger organizational goals
- Mentor engineers and engineering leads on their technical skills, strategy, collaboration and leadership so they can actualize their career goals
- Collaborate with other stakeholders like product, sales and customer success in the company for the organization's product direction and execution
- Implement systems and processes that drive efficiency and quality
- Plan for growth of their organization and scale the team efficiently
- Facilitate strong engineering culture with retrospectives, postmortems, lunch and learns, and consistent coding standards
Who You Are:
- 10+ years hands on technical experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Track record of leading product teams at a company with strong engineering driven culture with a strong emphasis on user experience
- Built products for multiple audiences using shared foundations while being scrappy
- Have great product and design intuition
- Scaled and grown effective well managed teams
- Worked with product and business stakeholders on large initiatives
- Enjoy helping other engineers develop their engineering and leadership skills
- Experience with at least one programming language (Go, Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience working with private and sensitive information
- A passion for working in high performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
- Demonstrated success building culture of innovation, ownership, and accountability
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: