Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
This is a contract-to-hire role. As part of the application process, please submit 2-3 work samples that demonstrate your background in internal documentation, API documentation, and/or wiki building.
About the role
- Lead the build-out of clear, accurate, and organized documentation
- Collaborate across all departments (ex. Engineering, Product, Design, Operations, Legal) to understand and document complex systems and processes
- Audit Level’s existing documentation and organizational system to understand the current landscape and implement improvements
- Build a wiki in Notion to organize technical documentation, the company handbook, client guides, and other resources for both internal and external users
- 5+ years of technical writing experience, including API documentation
- Skilled in collaborating cross-functionally to develop documentation for multiple audiences with varying degrees of technical acumen
- Experience implementing an organizational system to maintain technical documentation
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Background in financial services or fintech, healthcare, or payments tech is a plus
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.