Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- We're looking for a Head of Security to drive security engineering efforts across our organization. We're looking for a hands-on leader who is deeply versed in the details of attacking and defending systems. You will hire a team of world-class security engineers, define our security strategy, and execute on that strategy to protect our unique information assets
- Define Level’s security roadmap
- Get hands-on with implementation, design, and execution
- Work directly with our research teams to protect our core assets
- Lead compliance audits for our internal security policies
- Build and evangelize security policies and best practices
- Be responsible for hiring a world-class security team
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of security experience and 3+ years leading and managing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience in protecting at least one cloud platform and a willingness to become an expert with AWS
- Deep knowledge of attack surfaces for enterprise systems and services
- Experience defending against state-level actors a plus
- Willingness to dive in to problems to formulate plans and drive execution
- Expertise in thinking through insider threat scenarios
- Experience defining threat models for a small or medium size organization
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with highly sensitive confidential information
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: