Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- We're looking for an Information Security Lead to drive security engineering efforts across our organization. We're looking for a hands-on leader who is deeply versed in the details of attacking and defending systems. You will hire a team of world-class security engineers, define our security strategy, and execute on that strategy to protect our unique information assets.
- Define Level’s security roadmap
- Get hands-on with implementation, design, and execution
- Work directly with our research teams to protect our core assets
- Lead compliance audits for our internal security policies
- Build and evangelize security policies and best practices
- Be responsible for hiring a world-class security team
- 5+ years of security experience and 3+ years leading and managing teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in protecting at least one cloud platform and a willingness to become an expert with AWS.
- Deep knowledge of attack surfaces for enterprise systems and services.
- Experience defending against state-level actors a plus.
- Willingness to dive in to problems to formulate plans and drive execution
- Expertise in thinking through insider threat scenarios
- Experience defining threat models for a small or medium size organization
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with highly sensitive confidential information
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.