At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
As a Product Design Lead, you will help create the future of Financial products, improve new and complex programs, and be an excellent partner to team members. You will be a leader within the team and help align different initiatives while maintaining simplicity and consistency in a very complex ecosystem. We appreciate designers who want to help enhance the role of design across the company, who explain ideas and recommendations, appreciate collaboration and feedback, and also can be an excellent partner for peers.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and lead new projects across mobile and web platforms
- Develop user-centered design experiences based on research, user insights, and industry best-practices
- Challenge previously-established thinking patterns
- Use and contribute to our design system, creating user flows, sketches, high-fidelity visuals, and prototypes from simple components to complex patterns
- Ensure understanding and consistency across the user experience in our products ecosystem
- Share work with a clear rationale to stakeholders, from product teams to leadership
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to facilitate design discussions, provide feedback, and ensure implementation
- Collaborate, provide leadership and mentorship to other product designers
Who You Are:
- 8 or more years experience working in end-to-end product design
- Help improve the Design Process and can lead others through it
- Can scope your work and your teammates' work
- UX domain expertise and consistent innovation across unfamiliar domains
- Design point of view and aesthetic
- Expertise in latest design and prototyping tools
- Expertise in web and mobile UX best practices
- Create end-to-end solutions from initial brainstorming to measurable outcomes
- Experience sharing work and rationale to leadership while advocating for user needs in the context of the business
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment
- Experience building usable, accessible, modular, and scalable designs
Nice To Have:
- Experience working on financial products
- Experience working on consumer engagement and growth
- Experience leading User Research
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Food, wellness, and office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payment
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: