Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At our core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
As a Product Design Lead, you will help craft the future of Financial products, drive new and complex initiatives, and be an excellent partner to cross-functional teams and stakeholders. You will be a leader within the team and help align different initiatives while maintaining simplicity and consistency in a very complex ecosystem. We appreciate designers who want to help elevate the role of design across the company. Designers who think deeply, articulate ideas and recommendations, appreciate collaboration and feedback, and also can be an excellent thought partner for cross-functional peers.
What You’ll Do:
- Define, conceptualize and lead new initiatives across mobile and web platforms
- Develop user-centered design experiences based on research, user insights, and industry best-practices
- Challenge previously-established thinking patterns
- Use and contribute to our design system, creating user flows, sketches, high-fidelity visuals, and prototypes from simple components to complex patterns
- Ensure alignment and consistency across the user experience in our products ecosystem
- Share work with a clear rationale to stakeholders, from product teams to leadership
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to facilitate design discussions, provide feedback, execute and ensure high-quality implementation
- Collaborate, provide leadership and mentorship to other product designers
Who You Are:
- 8-10 years experience working in end-to-end product design
- Help improve the Design Process and can lead others through it
- Can clearly scope your work as well as your teammate's
- UX domain expertise and consistent innovation across unfamiliar domains
- Strong design point of view and aesthetic
- Strong expertise in latest design and prototyping tools
- Expertise in web and mobile UX best practices
- Deliver end-to-end solutions from initial ideation to measurable outcomes
- Experience sharing work and rationale to leadership while advocating for user needs in the context of the business
- Experience working in a highly fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment
- Strong understanding of building usable, accessible, modular, and scalable designs
Nice To Have:
- Experience working on financial products
- Experience working on consumer engagement and growth
- Experience leading User Research
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: