Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- Coordinate compliance roadmap with internal business stakeholders, outside legal counsel, and external compliance consultants.
- Ensure that company operations are consistent with all applicable state and federal regulations
- Maintain an annual calendar of all regulatory, tax, and compliance filings to proactively resolve issues and not miss any deadlines.
- Work with various stakeholders to gather required information for TPA licenses, health producer licenses, PCI compliance, and SOC2 & HIPAA audits.
- Research regulatory and compliance needs for any new business lines.
- 5+ years of working experience, preferably with 1-3 years of experience in compliance
- JD or equivalent working experience
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented with an eye to creating repeatable processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively across multiple workstreams
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and resilient when facing rapid change; demonstrated leadership, initiative, and independence
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.