Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- Mentor other engineers on their technical skills, strategy, collaboration, influence, execution, leadership and help them actualize their career goals.
- Contribute to defining strategic direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success.
- Facilitate communication across engineering teams with a focus on elevating Level’s engineering culture to increase developer velocity and build a best in class product.
- Provide technical feedback on engineering architecture decisions and when necessary be excited to get hands dirty programming.
- Grow Level’s engineering team to meet the challenges of building multiple products in a short timeline.
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- A BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field
- Experience with at least one programming language (Go, Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Enjoy helping other engineers develop their engineering and leadership skills.
- A passion for working in high performing teams and building great products to help employers and members make better decisions around their benefits spending.
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.